Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I received this email below from Alan & Lorraine Sencicle telling me about this great offer. They asked me to spread the word so I thought I would share it with everyone. Great pity I didn't know about this as I have been in London twice since this offer began, I will certainly use it for my next trip as I will be going again before the offer closes. The train people have certainly kept this secret as I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. Does anyone else know about this offer?

This offer is possibly too good to miss, particularly if you would like to visit London before Christmas.

The offer is 25% off ALL off-peak fares throughout Kent. It started from November 16th. It ends on December 24th.

The offer applies to off-peak singles, off-peak day returns, super off-peak day returns and monthly off-peak returns.

For travel from Dover Priory to St. Pancras the £37.50 off-peak day return ticket price is reduced to £27.75. Only £18.30 with a railcard.

For travel from Dover Priory to Victoria or Charing Cross, leaving on departures after 10 AM, the £21.80 super off-peak day return ticket price is reduced to £16.15. For those of us fortunate enough to possess a valid senior railcard this price is reduced further to only £10.65.

These same prices are equally valid for Deal, Martin Mill, Walmer and Sandwich.

However, it is not possible to take advantage of this offer by purchasing tickets from the station. The only way is to book tickets at www.southeasternrailway.co.uk followed by collection at your nominated station ticket machine or delivery by 1st class post if booking sufficiently in advance. Otherwise, it is not necessary to book these discounted tickets in advance, they can be booked online the same day.

For those not familiar with the process all on line bookings generate an 8 digit number. This and the credit/debit card used for payment are both needed to enable the station ticket machine to print the booked tickets.

I have good reason to suspect the efforts of those campaigning for cheaper off-peak rail fares may have resulted in this attractive limited offer.

end link