Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I slept through it all. Remember seeing dustbins etc, scattered about as I went out the door and thinking 'it;s been a bit windy!'. It was only when I found Whitfield Hill blocked by trees, more trees down near Kearsney Station that I realised it was bit more than the normal gale. Was one of several cars that drove under a tree that was bridging the road near the old Temple Ewell Planning Office (never have a camera when you need one).

Having got to Whitfield, via Lydden Hill and the A2, I then had to go back home to locate most of a Plum tree that had gone missing from the garden overnight. It had gone two gardens along and was resting on the flat roof of the house.

The elderly lady resident said that she had heard something in the night, gone to investigate, seen the tree and thought to herself that there was nothing she could do, and was sure that someone would deal with it in the morning, and gone back to bed. That's what you call a calm reaction.

end link