Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes Ian I was at sea on the e/clearway doing some welding that was on the thursday night and I was asked by the captain what we could do as some of the HGV had fallen on their sides and were lieing ontop of the handrail stoping us from tieing up the tug was holding us upright at the time,all i could do was to cut off anything hanging over the side of the ship with my cuting gun, and with a rope around me and my mate that is what we done and it all droped into the sea ,but still could not get along side the tug went off because there was a ship going down in the westen opening,and it did go down with the lost of life of the crew,i have never been out in seas like that before and have no wish to again. I did think at one time this is it,we are done for.We stayed on her till sunday doing tem/repairs to get her off for a refit.That is the week I done the most working hours of my life 125hours.

end link