Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Even in Deal the leading lights can't even agree one staying away so that another conservative was outvoted by labour(by 1 vote) so he wasn't able to be mayor.

The sooner party politics is taken out of Town councils the better, but sadly I can't see that happening.

So, moving back to the Elms vale Maxton priory by election it appears labour are still licking there wounds, although I agree I was probably well known in the ward and around all the year round,
    Where they may be misguided is that some believe, had I not stood they would have won.

We should catch our breath here, labour didn't come second they came third, behind an unknown conservative in large parts of the ward, who only did a few leaflets in the last few days before the election.

Who can say had I not stood these votes would have gone to labour ?
    What I can say is that this should be a wake up call,
    on the doorstep there were people and quite a lot at that, that had real hate for labour both nationally and locally.

Although I will always firmly believe that party politics has no role in Town councils, what would I do if I were labour?
    1; have a proper investigation into what went wrong
    2;find local living candidates
    3; get involved in local communities all the year round

The conservative candidate was really pleased with her result and I'm sure will stand again but do a lot more next time round.

The ward deserves local living candidates with an interest in the ward all the year round.

end link