Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith Sansum1 wrote:
    In reality Howard the political parties and indies cant find enough people to fill all the seats.

At a recent trades council meeting I did question the local labour chairperson on why they keep putting up candidates who live miles from the ward they wish to represent.
    His reply was , they cant find enough people living in the wards willing to stand ,but as a party they felt they should fight all seats.
    Although Rebecca (greens candidate)stated labour don't need to fill all seats.
    He said he wouldn't take a lecture from the green party? quite rude to her really.

But my opinion remains that candidates should have had some imput into the ward they want to represent, I continue to believe party politics should play NO PART in Town councils.

Whilst I respect the opinion that party politics should play no part in Town councils, the fact remains that the Tories will always fill the vacuum and create a stranglehold on parish, town, district and constituency politics. This means that pretty much every decision will be nodded through unopposed and public opinion will be (and is in places where the Tories have it all sown up) ridden roughshod over.

end link