Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Roger, I did not undertake any campaigning against the Tory party leading up to the general election notwithstanding the enormous amounts of emails reaching me from many different UKIP offices including Nigel Farage in person asking me to get involved.
    At the end of the day what counts for you is that your party got in to government, hence whatever I did to UKIP should not be held against me by the Conservatives.

I deemed UKIP a party of loose canons firing off in all directions (or should that be cannons?), and one without the slightest idea on a financial reform, which Britain really needs in order to get the economy in order.

I kept my nose out of political campaigning, including going to South Thanet, which UKIP had asked me to do.
    It was a close call there, and of-course I could have delivered leaflets to thousands of letterboxes, as once I did in Dover where UKIP subsequently came third, but I chose not to.

Yes Mr. Farage may have got the extra votes, or his Tory opponent may have got a few thousand less votes if as many voters had been deterred after reading some leaflet or other explaining why they should not vote Conservative, but I chose not to.
    I've been offered posts in UKIP in the past as executive member, but turned them down.

I had my reasons, because I could have made UKIP successful if they had taken a proposal of mine seriously and without ifs and buts. That was some years ago.
    They didn't go for it, and then got what they deserved.

In fact UKIP were contacting me constantly, so I assumed if they wanted me, they'd also accept something from me that would have put them in front.
    Sadly for UKIP, they thought they could afford to be haughty, because at that time they were going up North in the polls, reaching even a high of 22% at some point.

Yet I knew that the wind would run out of their sails if they didn't go for the boost I was offering them, and indeed they started going down South, finally reaching 10% in the opinion polls, and petered out at that level.

In fact, when the local Dover and Deal UKIP branch collapsed some years ago and they contacted me from the South East office to help put in place a new branch, as a condition I made an offer that would have been like on a golden platter for UKIP.
    All they needed to say was "yes".
    Instead they kicked the can down the road and then believed they could go it alone.

That was being haughty and they paid a high price for it.
    You probably know yourself that I used to be active in local matters such as in public consultations and had steadfast opinions and the will to get my point home.

UKIP have only got themselves to blame.

end link