Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I hope you don't mind me joining this forum or that I want to reply to this post. I am not from Dover but I am the woman from the article in the Dover Express. It would be interesting to know your opinions on the matter. My original post to Mr Hook was below a post he had linked to his campaign page on facebook. I questioned the fairness of his previous telephone campaign, that used young people on a job centre work experience placement to tell members of the public that they were supporting him because they thought he would make a fantastic MEP,. The fact is that was not true. They were on the phone making calls because the job centre arranged work experience at that location and it was nothing to do with them thinking he make fantastic MEP. I did publish a small portion of the script to back up the fact that it was true but removed it after the threat.

It does make me question the ethics of using the job center work experience placement for political purposes.

From a young persons point of view I think the first thing they will have learned is that it is ok to lie in the workplace and to lie for gain.

end link