Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

What an unfortunate view of parenting.

No it is not sole responsibilty of an employer or the taxpayer, but you seem to misunderstand that these two entities are not mutually exclusive from that of a parent.

Perhaps as a society we should just stop having children? We could just age as the indigenous generation and just let future jobs be filled by post-compulsory education Albanians. It would save the 'taxpayer' a fortune; no more maternity pay, no more child benefit, no more paying those nasty teachers and building schools. And no one could 'steal' our jobs, as we would just be too old to do them. Immigration would be a great benefit, and scaremongering would be a thing of the past.

I can see the birth of a new party: the European Dependence Party. Abbreviated to EUDEP, pronounced "you-dip". I think that this is a fairly good policy and enough to form a real alternative to the two useless parties we have! As for the rest of the policies, they could just be made up as the party went along - you know that sort of opportunistic, populist, short term sort of policy making.

This new 'EUtopia' would only be jeopardised if the new migrant workers developed some kind of 'pregnancy epidemic' (I've heard such things can be very contagious). It would ruin it all - the end of EUDEP.

On a more serious note:

On being middle-class, I like to see myself as more 'progressive working class'. I was raised in a working class household but at this point in my life, meet the criteria of being middle class (maintaining my working class pub sense of humour). Maybe someday my social standing will change but my opinions on maternity rights will not.

end link