Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Oh Capt, my Capt. Methinks you doth misrepresent the issue (wittingly or unwittingly).

I am fine with Universal Credit in principle, the issue is in its execution. If private landlords are concerned about their rental streams they are concerned about their income streams and not that they are encouraging social mobility. Regarding the 'infantilised people' have you considered the words of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation? "Half of all people in poverty live in working families." Source: https://www.jrf.org.uk/blog/what-impact-does-rising-employment-rate-have-poverty

Believe it or not, I'd like the nation to have the tools and wherewithal to be financially independent but we have to recognise that we have neither provided a platform for this to be possible as yet and nor will this ever truly be possible when we consider those with the greatest vulnerabilities (psychically or mentally).

end link