Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

#7, PaulW, so why not pursue what you believe in? (By the way, in case people think I am indulging in a spot of leader-bashing, I'm sure you will agree that we know each other well enough that I would say this to you face to face).

#8, As if party politics doesn't happen already at town level.
    One of the advantages would be that many parish councillors also have a real job and are personally known by their constituents. There would still be room for the Miss Marples and Col. Blimps among us to play their part at local level in their spare time, while those with real political ambition cut their teeth and gain valuable experience while still having to earn a living in the real world.

#9, a good argument for getting rid of town and parish councils altogether. Allotments used to be run by friendly societies, as is still the case in Leamington Spa (to my certain knowledge; I have dug over my son's allotment there).

end link