Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thank you Howard, I have a bit more time on my hands now, unfortunately my wife has had to return to Thailand as her dad's seriously ill in hospital.
    But you are quite right, UKIP would be unlikely to win the referendum on it's own, but as you know there are now some big players batting for the leave side. Shame that there's not many from labour or the lib dims but that's to expected I guess!

Neil's also correct about the lobbying of some of the Tory right wing which of course prompted Dave to tell them to "stop banging on about Europe"! Fortunately they did keep banging on and although an annoyance to him he more or less kept the dissenters under control but the general election was the final straw whereupon he had to acknowledge the threat from UKIP and concede to the promise of a referendum.

Basically, if UKIP didn't exist, would Dave have given in to the Tory rebels, personally I don't think so.

As for Dave's "reformed" European Union, that surely has to be the joke of the year.
    He asked for virtually nothing of any significance and got even less!

Funny how we all see things differently though!

end link