Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

For info, I currently work for an airline and have quite a bit of involvement with airport security. To wit, I have actually used the full body sanner at Heasthrow (while it was under test). Let me state quite categorically that there is no "looking at pictures of people naked" with this equipment.

What is actually seen is a form of human, unrecognisable as a specific person, declothed except for system generated "modesty wear". The Security person cannot identify the individual as there is no facial scanning involved. I confess to being slightly shocked when I saw the first image, but only at how accurate the technology was for seeing anything that may be secreted and used later for nefarious purposes.

There is again too much rag rubbish being printed about this subject, some by so-called "press security experts" who wouldn't know a CTX500 if it fell on their head.

end link