Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith Bibby wrote:

I think big business and the Tory party miss one thing on their addiction to cheap mass immigrant workers.

Interestingly Japan's overall population is expected to drop from 127m to 92m during the next 40 years.

Japan, of course, like most people know but will not admit, does not particularly like foreigners (foreign population resident Japan <2.5% - Mostly Chinese/South Korean) yet enjoys a higher GDP than us and the lowest crime rate in the industrialised world.

Japan, instead of importing swarms of cheap foreign labour, has invested heavily in automation (robots don't need either housing or their children educating) to do the 'grunt' work.

On the other hand if I were a landowner in East Anglia why should I invest in plant machinery when HMG will allow me to import loadsa Eastern Europeans, will top up their wages when I pay them the minimum I can, and will clothe, house and feed them when my crops are not in season.

end link