Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Bishop wrote:
     "howard mcsweeney1" wrote:
    Another one resigns and it is looking like a clean sweep for the Conservatives in May.
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/folkestone/news/ukip-county-councillor-quits-party-119299/

I understand that the people of Folkestone are revolting (open gag left for Capt Haddock to quote and insert) - the Folkestone racecourse, Hythe Seafront and the lorry park proposals have upset the locals somewhat. Before Christmas, there were some marches organised against the council. A 38 degrees petition of over 5,000 people opposing the builds was dismissed by the council too - further antagonising the locals! I heard that the Sellinge Residents Association were targeting Carol Sacre seat as she has not represented their views at all and voted against the local opinion. I think the Tories will not have it all their own way. Interesting times.

All of which is true but in reality there are 23 Conservative Councillors and 7 UKIP and in May the likelihood is that the Tories will take even larger control so any peasant's revolt will come to nothing. The Lib Dems used to be the main opposition but they have just trailed away and the one noble Labour member had a Damascus moment and pleaded for forgiveness and and entrance pass to the ruling elite.

end link