Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

That's fine, Ray Newsam.
    I'm happy to discuss British history, and your presentation above sounds correct.
    In fact the Romans learned of the name Britannia (pronounced with the emphasis on the final I) from the Greeks of Marseilles who, several centuries B.C., had sent a ship to explore the distant seas beyond the Column of Hercules (Gibraltar)..

The name Britannia is considered to come from the name Pritani - possibly spelled with two Ts or two Ns - which was the name, or at least one of the names, that the Celts on our island of Britain called themselves, hence our Greek captain used that name to define the island he and his sailors had landed on.

There is also a mystery over the name Alba, which also appears to have been used to define our island Britain, with reference to the larger of the two major islands of the British Isles (the other being Ireland-Eire and which the Greeks probably did not come across).

The Romans later simply used the same name - Britannia - the Greeks had given, but with the accent one syllable to the left.
    It would appear that the Britons called themselves generally Pritani, or Britani, perhaps with an extra T or N to stress the pronunciation, and that this is why the Greek explorer from Marseilles used that name, and later the Romans too.

We should also take into account that the Celts had no script, so the pronunciation would depend on how it sounded at the time to the Greeks and later to the Romans.
    However, it may be of extreme interest to know that Scotland, in Gaelic (Scots Gaelic) is Alba.

The Romans, after coming to Britain, believed also in the mother-goddess Britannia, who they deemed a Divinity of Britain, and indeed at the Roman Painted House in Dover there is evidence that Roman officers and officials stationed at the Classis Britannica fort abandoned their worship of Roman deity and took to worshipping the mother-goddess Britannia.

Next:, this particular thread was not specifically referred to UKIP, but to all political parties, hence the ballot box at the Castle where my ballot sheet went, namely in the litter-bin.

Further, my reference to the Fair Lady of the British Isles is to the Lady whose road leads to Christ's Church and who I assert is not of human origin.. She does however have a church at the Castle dedicated to Mary the Mother of Jesus, obviously on account of the Motherly significance of Mary the Virgin who conceived in the Holy Spirit.

OK, you don't have to refer to Her as Britannia, but She is our Divine British Mother. I call Her Britannia but that's personal.
    My knowledge of Christian Faith makes me understand that the Divine is never "foreign" to any human nation, be it linguistically or by way of ethnic appearance.

Hence, Holy Spirit coming to Brits will come as British and in a language we understand (English or Celtic). In my case English.
    Of-course we are human and mortal and subordinate to the Divine, but the Spirit will never reveal itself to us as "from a foreign human nation".

Similarly, the Motherly Spirit revealing itself to the French will be in the French language and in a way that appears divinely French.
    So they have the French Lady.
    In fact, the French say their prayers in French, we say ours in English. And likewise for other nations..

So the Holy Father is not "foreign" to any nation, nor is Jesus, nor is the Spirit in its Third Person.
    Although these Persons of the Trinity are divine.

In my interpretation of the Christian Faith, Zion is Heavenly, it is spiritual, and there is no material place on Earth that can claim "ownership" or any other form of "possession" or "privilege" over the Divine.
    Therefore I don't believe that Rome in Italy is the capital of Christianity, or that Jerusalem in Palestine/Israel is the capital of Holiness, or Mecca, or anywhere on Earth.

I don't believe that any nation or family or human being has any privilege over the Divine Spirit, whether Jews as "chosen people", the "pope", the house of Windsor, or whomsoever.

I do believe however in our Spiritual English Church as it was conceived in the Spirit among the English-speaking people (of Anglo-Saxon-Jute language) in the sixth and seventh centuries, and I believe that even though our English Church has been through various developments in the course of history, no human person may have any privilege over this Church or be its "head" or "supreme governor", as only Christ has these - and equivalent - titles over ANY National Church.

My arrival point is always the same: the Fair Lady of the British Isles stands next to God the Father and shows the road leading to Christ's Church, as he - being our Saviour - is the Gateway to the Father.

It doesn't matter whether or not you understand the Fair Lady, or whether you don't acknowledge the name "Britannia", what matters is that people believe in Christ and the Holy Scriptures and that no-one else tries to take over the Church.
    That's why her road leads to Christ's Church, and not to "the pope", "Jerusalem in Palestine/Israel", the house of Windsor or any other self-proclaimed chosenites.

Yes, this thread was to say that I do not vote for a parliament that swears allegiance to a private "almighty-like person" who also claims to be "the head of the church".

I would vote - perhaps - for a Parliament that made a pledge to the People it is supposed to serve and that does not place anyone above the Law or in a state of almighty-like authority.

The place I chose to express my vote is at the Fair Lady's Light Tower Church - at the Castle.

end link