Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jan Higgins wrote:

By your comment I can only assume you are not worried that one power hungry man can decide when his enemies and family can be murdered even if another countries population are put at risk.

With all due respect, Jan, I am aghast at your assumption, whatever gave you that impression, pray tell.
    That aside, I am all up for a healthy debate. You made another assumption about what happened in Salisbury just because May told us it is so. Someone in Downing Street has decided to accuse another State of a serious Crime without adequate proof. UK Law and Judicial Process applies here, not Politics. Does Russia asking for a sample and a joint investigation not count as a fair & reasonable response? Surely if Russia isn't involved we need to know where this came from, and if Russia is involved then the sample and other evidence would prove it. Putin is correct on having verification, but we just so love to hate him in this country so why spoil a good story by admitting that his was a justified request. In the meantime Corbyn has been getting a lot of flak for reasonably asking the government to take a pragmatic and careful approach to the Salisbury investigation. Basing it on concrete evidence with the end result being appropriate punishment and the avoidance of worsening international relations alongside a guarantee that Britain is safe from extreme Russian retaliation. So far I have not seen/heard any evidence presented by May, only politically motivated hot air, and a lot of insanity tbh. Her 24hr ultimatum clearly suggested that they had already pre-decided how they’d like this storyline to play out about the Russian involvement, May is not interested in any investigation or concrete evidence. Seen this too many times before! We, the public, must not be treated like easily misled mugs that they can lie to without consequences, just like we were lied to about the WMD in Iraq (thanks to Blair, the warmongering lapdog of the Bush administration) – and look where that all led to!

end link