Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

D Little wrote:
    It seems Godwin's law is alive and well. Hee Hee

I'd like to see a party that is honest enough to say the NHS in its current form needs restructuring and part privatising. Restructuring yes and embedded with social care. Privitisation? Have you seen the price of 'agency nurses'? Doh

That we pay far too much tax for too little return. Could be better BUT probably most efficient return on spending in any Western Democracy

That foreign aid should be decimated. Only one in ten?? Keep it for 'emergency relief' as and where necessary.

That universities should be free but only for bright kids doing worthwhile degrees. Nothing in life is 'free'. Someone pays. What's wrong with present student loans where those who benefit ONLY pay back once earning enough. (I just had a student loan 'written off' 'cos I'm now 65!)

That parole should be scrapped. Rubbish. Holland is actually closing down prisons while we are building them. We are locking up too many people for far too long. Let's get back to reform and rehabilitation rather than merely ineffective punishment.

That the House of Lords is reformed and the number of paid politicians halved. Yes and Yes

Youngsters unemployed for 6 months should be enrolled in citizens service and fed and watered while learning to do useful things, not fire guns. I find it strange that hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans are able to travel across Europe to find gainful employment when UK kids can't travel across the country. Picking vegetables in East Anglia at 04.30 in the morning should concentrate their minds on finding employment better suited to their 'talents'.

Immigration should be based on what we need not vice versa. Far too complicated to even start answering you. Immigration is not a tap we turn on and off. A start will be post-Brexit when EC nationals become as other 'aliens' (as opposed to 'commonwealth'). A biometric ID is, like it or not, part of the way forward

The BBC licence fee should be scrapped. Rubbish. It's an absolute bargain and part of our 'soft power' the World Service being respected as a source of un-biased reporting the world over. Can you really see the people getting bombed today in downtown Syria tuning their short wave sets to Magic FM to find out what is happening?

Probably more but that's a start.

end link