Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I wouldn't watch any TV debates, most are along the lines of "Question Time" where audience seems to specially plucked from the nearest zoo. Modern politicians quite like this as they can throw in a sound bite and their supporters will shout and clap.

What I would like to see is a top class broadcaster grill the party leaders individually without a studio audience for them to pander to. With May who wants to keep saying "strong" "stable" and "Brexit" as her rallying call I would ask her about the current cuts to school budgets, whether there would be more to come and also about cuts to Policing and Prison services. Corbyn has made many promises about goodies we will get under his Government but other than free school meals he hasn't made clear where the money will come from. I can't actually think what I would ask the other leaders as none are likely to be closely involved with any Governments in the near future.

end link