Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    Managers as of 2013 (Total NHS staff 1,364,165):-

Managers and Senior managers

There were 36,360 managers and senior managers, a decrease of 954(2.6%) since 2012and an increase of 1,039(2.9%) since 2003((an average annual increase of0.3%).

This works out as 2.67% which I believe is smaller than 3% AS I SAID.

http://content.digital.nhs.uk/catalogue/PUB13724/nhs-staf-2003-2013-over-rep.pdf

Next .............

Having looked up 2.67% and compared it with 3%, I can confirm that it is indeed less than 3%. Even the Wikipedia agrees.

Does that figure include all the outsourced managerial 'consultants', planners, blue sky visionaries etc. that have been awarded NHS contracts?
    (I note the Health and Social Care Information Centre has subsequently rebadged to by NHS Digital "NHS Digital, formerly the Health and Social Care Information Centre is an executive non-departmental public body of the Department of Health. The organisation was re-branded as NHS Digital on 1 August 2016." Number of employees: 2,500
    Motto: Information and technology for better health and care
    Annual budget: 250 million GBP according to a quick google search.)

end link