Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There must be a misunderstanding, Howard, somewhere, there was no mention of Jews denying the holocaust.
    That said, it is accepted in Israel that the term Holocaust in reference to persecution of Jews is not used by all Jews, because its biblical meaning does not imply a human sacrifice. Hence some use different terms to refer to the plight of the Jews during the war.

I managed to understand your second point, Howard, and that is easy to explain:
    yes, the State of Israel was established in 1948, as Brian rightly notes, but in 1919 the British government had mandates over areas of former Ottoman Empire territories, including Palestine, and declared that this area was open to Jewish settlement in view of becoming a Jewish homeland. See Balfour Declaration.

Several hundred thousand Jews moved to Israel (Palestine) between 1919 and 1938, and A Jewish Agency was also established there. The first British governor was also a Jew, the intention being to help the Jews as much as possible to settle down there.
    By and large, the majority of Jews in the world showed scant interest in the Land of Israel and preferred to stay on where they were.

I still wish to reiterate that Peter's idea that BNP try to rewrite history is false.
    But I will accept that he may have been misled by imposed propaganda from some office, not that I know which one.

end link