Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am more exercised by the use of the term 'constituents' in #1, than the redoubled promise of assistance. And even then I am at a loss as to just what assistance might be on offer. [This is as true in my own circumstances, here in sunny Hackney.]

I do doubt that Councillors can match their assistance to their election 'pledges';increased inward investment, lower taxes etc.

Do they then offer themselves up as an alternative route into the workings of the Council?
    If a 'constituent' is getting nowhere in their dealings with any arm of The Council, just how may consulting with a Councillor help?

I suspect that if the Councillors were to advertise their effectiveness in the resolution of public problems, in one or other of the many ways Councils impinge upon the every-day matters of 'constituents', the Council's own efficiency would come into question. Is it this that heaps the onus upon the 'constituent', of pre-knowing whether a consultation would be worthwhile?

end link