Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have been looking at the blog totals of some of the bloggers. One has over 48.000 most have 8 to 10.000, but none of you seems to be saying anything of importance that will change the political landscape. There are people reading these blogs who do have the power to change things for the better; therefore, they must contain constructive ideas for the future.

Isn't it about time we began to see the real picture of what is really going on in Britain? We have Jeremy Corbyn, who has been a Labour politician for some time. He is a man I admire for his lack of criticism of his opponents; those who say the Labour movement with him as leader would be dead in the water. His main critics including one who handled taking Britain into the Iraq war have a lot to answer for. All did very well out of their time as leaders of the government, and I assume are doing very well now? What I cannot stand is the way allegedly honourable MPs are trying to scupper the chances of a man who has the working people at heart and not afraid to say what he thinks. A man who wants to give back to the people the publicly owned assets that were privatised over the last three decades by the politicians who must have benefited from those robber-baron decisions. To this day, the British public do not know who has profited from the sale of publicly owned utilities...who had the first preferences to the sale of the shares? I believe Jeremy Corbyn could change Britain, as far as the working man is concerned, by giving back power to the people, as long as the militants do not gain the upper hand in his government. What is needed is another Oliver Cromwell, a man strong enough to give the people a fairer government where the rich do not prosper from the sale of publicly owned facilities. Facilities where the profits are given back to the people to help fund health care and other public needs. They must not be sold to greedy individuals who would profit from them. Especially so as the owners are never known.

I am the first to agree that there are those in our society who should not be earning welfare benefits that far outstrip the wages of most of the ordinary hard working tax paying people. However, there are also those at the top whose salaries far outstrip the working wage by hundreds of thousands of pounds...sometimes even millions. Most of the latter do not even pay the taxes they should, instead accumulate vast fortunes in offshore and tax haven accounts, which are lost to the country of origin forever. I must include the politicians in the latter as they do not seem to be suffering austerity as those in the middle and lower income brackets who do pay most, if not all, of the taxes.

If these people want more than one child, they should be prepared to pay for the second child upwards themselves. Why should the taxpayer shoulder the burden of those who use their children as an extra income?

I believe a little hardship in life goes a long way to people finding work. However, I also believe it is up to the government to provide the necessary trade apprenticeships and education opportunities for the young to develop their skills for the future workplace. The last two years of school should be given over to teaching the young, who are between sixteen and eighteen, the life skills they will need when they do leave school. The old who are retired can be valuable in this enterprise as most have had the experience of living fruitful lives in a time where greed only hard work ruled the roost. Too many retired people are being thrown onto the scrap heap and forgotten...or worse, resented for what they have worked hard for. The old have a knowledge base that should be tapped to give the young the benefit of their experience. People keep moaning about the ageing population and yet among those retired are skills and experience that are being wasted. Skills where all the shortcuts of various trades and businesses reside. When these experienced people die, there is no recourse to their life expertise, as it is lost forever. The mark of a healthy society is one, which works together from the bottom up... Young and old together.

I was born in a time where I could choose my apprenticeship and after three to five years I would have a trade. I learned the shortcuts, which made me more efficient, from those who were older than me. We need to go back to that time, but without the militancy of the Unions which, brought about the downfall of Labour, by men seeking power for their own ends. I want to believe Jeremy Corbyn is not one of these, and the only way to know that is to give him a democratic chance to lead a party of the people...a Labour party with credibility. The New-Labour party under Blair and Brown, major critics of Corbyn, was only another way of saying Conservative...it became obvious after a short time they were in it for themselves. All it did was to give the politicians a merry-go-round of power. The power that gave a lot of them enormous wealth, with a false nobility at the end more lucrative than any pension except the bank. There is a deep division in a society which needs to be healed. It will not be healed if people are content to write blog after blog without getting anywhere. One constructive blog is worth thousands of mediocre ones, which say nothing, do nothing, and go nowhere. Blogs are meant to make people think constructively. To risk a cliché, some bloggers manufacture bullets for others to fire, and in the end achieve nothing.

The working voters need to back the only man who has proved time and again he has them at heart. Politics in Britain today has become a massive money spinner for those politicians who are skilled in the art of lobbying and counter-lobbying. Politicians can literally make millions in one term of office, and accumulate a massive pension to boot. When politicians are caught with their hands in the till, they should be heavily fined and expelled from politics. Not just reprimanded, then allowed to return to politics as though nothing happened...sometimes with an honourable title that has lost its meaning.

You must not believe everything the media prints either. It is like the Bible, full of truths and untruths, fairy tales, and fables manufactured by men who sought power over the minds of others, usually the most vulnerable. This blog may be controversial to some people, but the fact remains, Britain needs to find a new direction or this land of ours will have no assets to speak of and people living in perpetual austerity. What with the banks and austerity, which is not the fault of the people but of the monetary policies of the banks, we as a once great Britain is now continually in debt. We, unlike Iceland, have a future of continual austere trauma. Greece is already contemplating selling its airports to the highest bidder, what next its beautiful tourist islands? Is the European Union going to the highest bidder in Greece's downfall too? When will people realise it is not the Greek people's fault but that of the banks. The European Union is not working because it is being manipulated by corrupt people who have been allowed to gain great power.

America and Britain are to blame for the rise of Isis. Does America control European policy? It seems to have a heavy hand in Ukraine politics, NATO too? Where is the world going? Are we now in a tailspin to oblivion? It is about time we the ordinary people considered these questions...of who is to blame? The weather is in worldwide decline. The ice is melting. It is about time we pulled the plug on fossil fuels and went over to the cleaner options like solar power, hydrogen, and many other cleaner options. We cannot have a ruling elite and poverty stricken masses... Past history tells us so. This world is for all who live on it. Not everyone can be a captain of industry. Some of us need to be consumers for the world to work as a team. If greed is eliminated, this world can become a better place for all. I do not need religion to want a better world for I am not religious. It is religion, and political greed, which is at the bottom of all this trouble. Without religion and corrupt politics, people would focus more on what needs to be done. It's a pity so many of us cannot see that, for what we believe today is taught to us as small children. Something, which is making us blind to what is needed to live in a better caring world.

You do not need a Prophet to see into the future, for nothing could be plainer. We the human species have become a predator on our own kind. There is only one credible, provable power on this Earth of ours and one we will never overcome. We are planting the seeds of our own destruction. When we are gone, Nature will plant some more and continue on in another direction. The rich cannot live without the consumer and the consumer cannot live without the rich. All that is needed is a sharing caring world and that must start from the top as those on the bottom are always vulnerable to those who hold the power to change things.

Another law, which needs changing is the law of Euthanasia. The Dutch and the Swiss have it, so why not the British. There are old people suffering the worst humiliation at the hands of the so-called caring industry. I am one of the elderly and I would not like to think I have become a burden to my loved ones. My Will shall state my final wish, that if I become a non-person. Unable to think or do for myself I would wish my loved ones to make the same decision they would make for a beloved pet. I would not wish them to be in a financial constraint because of my inability to function as a healthy fully mentally capable human being. I do not want to become a vegetable if I have left instructions as to the method of my demise when I was in full command of my facilities. I reserve the right to die with dignity without politicians keeping me alive because people who are in the lucrative business of caring for the old have lobbied them to the contrary. Therefore, my Will shall be made to that effect. If my loved ones cannot make that decision, as they would for a beloved pet, then I could never forgive them for going against my wishes when my brain was intact. The law of Euthanasia must be in place as soon as possible as a great majority of people believe in it.

Recently a trained nurse Gill Pharaoh made the decision to end her life at Seventy-five after a lifetime caring for people she knew were suffering from not being their selves and worse. People who had become non-persons through a stroke or worse, the loss of their personality. She did not make this decision lightly and had the full cooperation of her loving family. What the people want in law should be made a personal choice in the country in which they live. It is not for the politicians or the doctors, who follow the Hippocratic Oath to the letter, to decide who shall live or who shall die...that life belongs to the sufferer and to those who love them, because of the prior permission given. The vets have no problem with a decision when much-loved pets are brought to them to end their misery. The doctors find it in their hearts to do the same for human animals. Animals as we are with a language, who have the capacity to make their own decisions when in full possession of their mental facilities. Religious thinking cannot enter into it because religion is a manufactured thing and a misguided belief in the Supernatural...no matter of what faith. The decision must be one of Natural selection made because a loved one does not wish to become a burden to their family should their quality of life become unbearable through a greatly diminished sense of self-consciousness...When all that is left is a live body of flesh without a functioning mind. If I have shocked people, I intended to. It is about time people faced the facts of life instead of living in a dream world...

end link