Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue Nicholas wrote:
    Well I have just been down into Dover first time in Five months.My Daughter decided to park on the sea front .Well after three attempt trying to use the new fangled parking machine she got an hours parking..Fair few people walking about .We walked to the clock tower well if that’s progress knock me down with a feather.Everything is so austere black railings and concrete .You have to drive alongtowards Aycliffe to turn back to get on Townwall street to go to St James ,another concrete jungle no way like the original plan presented to Councillors.
    We came home via Castle Hill and Connaught Road at least a bit of greenery .
    To think they want to build a cable car and rapid bus link.into the town
    Does no one appreciate greenery and a softer landscape .
    There was a giant cruise ship in it was so overpowering to look at it .Scaffolding up everywhere what a glorious less than two hours out

I seem to remember an artistic proposal many years ago of having the DTIZ area a big green area. Would have saved a fortune and looked great. High Street, merging into park and then seafront.

end link