Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    Plus investing in nuclear power (c.20yrs to come on stream), retention and expansion of LPG and North Sea Gas storage facilities, further exploration of North Sea gas fields and fracking would all have made us less dependent on energy importation and spikes in global prices.

To continue the off-piste train of thought, I hadn't realised that natural gas needed storage (I imagined it just came out of the pipe when I turned the tap on), but I did realise that the increase in wholesale prices meant that Mr Sunak is collecting rather more in VAT than before. From us, that is, but not from the gas that is exported zero-rated for VAT https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10455627/UK-gas-exports-double-year-millions-British-families-face-soaring-bills.html.

So, how about (now that we've taken back fiscal control) not zero-rating exports of this particular commodity?

end link