Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue Nicholas wrote:
    Well I did not get a vote .

I had you down as a card carrying party member, Sue. If you aren't then you obviously cannot be responsible for foisting this hideous man upon us.

I do remember bumping into a local Tory politican whom I'm sure you will know. He's a very affable chap and I have no problems with him personally. We were both in a local hostelry (now sadly closed due to Covid) which we used to visit off and on at lunchtimes.

It was 2019 and the state of things politically meant that it would be the first time that Tory party members would have been able directly to elect the new PM. You say you didn't vote but I'm sure you must remember it. 11 original candidates had been boiled to do 2. People with some semblance of reality about them (e.g Rory Stewart) were long gone by then.

I asked our mutual acquiantance whom he was going to support. Perfectly honestly, he replied Boris was his preference. He simply wouldn't accept it when I postulated that here was a man of dubious character whose record spoke for itself. He just went on about needing a leader who could get Brexit done.

I hope he's pleased with the outcome of his vote. I must ask him next time I fancy a lunchtime pint.

end link