Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I try hard never to give or take offence on this or any other forum. Some would say I am more successful in the latter than in the former. However politicians of all colours are fair game and I will happily, and without apology, ridicule their posturing when I think fit. Targets might include ex-politicians who seek to justify themselves. However I try to stop short of personal abuse except in occasional retaliation.

Politicians never achieve what they promise and always exaggerate their achievements. A year as an elected member however will make most realise that they are totally impotent in the face of infinitely better qualified civil servants and council officers.

Perhaps we should do away with MPs and councillors, electing directly the top civil servants and council department heads instead. Then we might get something done. And save a fortune.

end link