Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Personally, I'd like to see David Linden of the SNP stand for Dover - this is based purely on the "P&O" debate in the Commons, during which Mrs E have a speech:

Mrs E: "As I was surrounded by bused-in, hard-left aggressive militants outside the RMT headquarters in Dover, I was rescued by local union members whom I know and who brought me into the building for my safety. Imagine my shock when I saw the leadership of the RMT—Mick Lynch no less—and other trade union barons holding a Zoom meeting with none other than the Labour leader, the right hon. and learned Member for Holborn and St Pancras (Keir Starmer). While I was in that private meeting, I was shocked to hear how the Labour leader and the trade union barons were chatting away about exploiting the P&O situation in Parliament for political gain in those coming days..."

Mr L: "As a Scottish nationalist MP, there is not a lot of love lost between me and the Labour party. It certainly comes as a surprise to me to hear that the right hon. and learned Member for Holborn and St Pancras (Keir Starmer) is very much in cahoots with the unions. I think that he could do an awful lot more to stand up for Labour values. However, at the heart of all of this are the hon. Lady’s constituents who were treated incredibly badly by P&O. The issue here is not the RMT union; the issue here is P&O Ferries, which has acted disgracefully. I urge her to try to get back to that point, which is what the Bill is about."

Mrs E: [finishes speech]

Mr L: [gives speech starting with] "It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Dover (Mrs Elphicke), particularly with some of the late Christmas cracker jokes she was deploying in the Chamber there..."

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2022-12-19/debates/2A6356CE-C82E-4E45-83E5-5F2C72885BC1/details#contribution-4D539915-0DA2-4D66-A157-1BF6B3673CE4[/URL] - scroll down to 7.18pm or follow the link from https://members.parliament.uk/member/4795/contributions#expand-4416503

end link