Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having an MP means that one doesn't have attend parliament oneself in order to question the Home Secretary on a topic of interest, such as the fallout from illegal cross-channel movements. I find this a major advantage because I suspect that my hypertension would fail to cope with:

Mrs E: "Will my right hon. Friend meet me and Kent leaders to discuss the dreadful impact on local services, which they described in a letter to her two weeks ago as being at breaking point?"

Suella: "I thank my hon. Friend for all her work on this issue over several years...I encourage everybody to support the deal we have secured."

Mr Speaker: "The Home Secretary might not like it, but if I may give her some positive advice, when you answer a question you are meant to look to the Chair."

(Actually, it's just occurred to me that Mr Speaker may have the coping mechanism of a really subtle sense of humour.)

end link