Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have sympathy with both points made by Keith. I stopped posting for some time because of my frustration at trying to make valid and considered arguments/comment on a variety of topics but faced with loyal “party “ supporters who appeared unable or unwilling to even consider that the “party” could be wrong. I gave up posting.

On point 2, at a very local level people are concerned about what happens in their village/ local environment and vote accordingly, but as we can see from the problems at Aycliffe it all goes pear shaped as matters get escalated to people who have the ability to make financial and strategic decisions. That’s when the electorate becomes frustrated and stops voting.

As far as Brexit was concerned, however you voted the whole thing was badly flawed. Did no one give any consideration to the damage such a close result would cause? Surely to build in a margin of difference (simply as an example) of perhaps 25%, so that if, as happened, the vote was more or less 50-50 nothing changed until the electorate had more information would have been advisable. No one has emerged happy and the damage has been enormous no matter how people voted.

end link