Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't see this as a Brexit, Cumbrian (?) or party-political issue myself. I'm guessing that, words behind the scenes having got nowhere, she decided to let her exasperation play-out in public, for all the shruggy-shoulders it got her.

I think she should have stuck to the people controls: "The problem with the EES, to put it at its simplest, is that it has been designed for airports, by which I mean individual foot passengers. It has not been designed for people travelling in groups, it has not been designed for people travelling in vehicles and it has certainly not been designed for gateways operating juxtaposed controls." It clouded the issue to mention controls on goods, though the fact that she did suggests to me that perhaps the UK controls on exports are not yet done and dusted.

I don't know about the Treaty of Canterbury (and variants), but it does make me wonder about the future of the Treaty of Le Touquet (or at least juxtaposition).

end link