Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Of course since that election UKIP collapsed, the one sitting UKIP guy (A Richardson) has rightly resigned, so those votes(which were very close to labours) will have to go somewhere.

I think I look at the cawca committee they invited all candidates at that time into the centre
    1 Cllr had to be reminded to attend on the night !!(lab)
    R Walkden didn't attend and still has that open invitation to do so,

G Cowan gave a clear vision whether we shared that view at least he had one.

J Heron had some views

I recall Peter was questioned on the play area, and we managed to reach agreement (as he was pushing for the site at the top of area closer to military rd)
    Together we would go for the lower swings area.

I'v had no involvement in this but my understanding is the monies that were promised have been returned to Tesco's. A lost opportunity.

The committee also felt not many of the cllrs had a vision for the ward which is a worry.
    1 Cllr didn't know where clarendon place was !!

But further to all of this I met with the member from st margarets(now leader of council) and officers over the play area, many promises made, but since forgotten and they havn't been seen since.
    So looks like priory lost out again.

When it comes to next election I believe local people bel;ieve far more that they can make a difference in a marginal ward like priory around the community quite a few people are now saying they will only vote for candidates that have an involvement in community.
    and live or work in ward.
    Of course I stood for DTC on that very ticket

end link