Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    My understanding of Bish's post is that he is clearly referring to the figures 'whilst Alastair was working for Labour.' I take this to mean 'whilst Alastair was doctoring for Labour', i.e. from 1997 to 2003 when he was, first, Press Secretary and then Director of Communications. In other words, whereas Campbell talked up Labour's poor results under Blair, he talked down Labour's decent results under Corbyn. Which is exactly what you would expect of someone with zero objectivity and plenty of ideological reasons to seek to undermine Corbyn.

Campbell was one of the pioneers of the "New Labour" brand, and a huge strategic influence on Blair from the beginning in 1994. You cannot ignore his influence in the election results leading up to and including the 1997 GE. He has every right to point out that Labour under Corbyn are not producing the sort of result Blair did before the 1997 election. The 1995 election results showed that Labour was heading for government. It was the sort of result Corbyn has been unable to get close to replicating.

end link