Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue
    I think over the years ,together we did at least make Stagecoach , and the railways more accountable.
    You recall as soon as Collor was elected and his party in control , he disbanded the committee!

MAny of these sub committees worked cross party without to many problems.

Scrutiny as committees is always a great idea , but If I recall correctly it was Mr Watkins who overloaded the committee with his ruling party, this making the scrutiny less effective.

It's a great idea to hAve these committees in place, but they need to be run by opposition parties.

You will probably agree now your party is in opposition lol .

The question remains out there of the cost and use of three councils , with today's financial issues for many people , all have to be staffed, on two of the council's with very high wages , together with a clerk plus all the staff and running costs .

On the 18th May at the town council in Dover who wears a chain around the neck will be decided as well as lots of talks going on around this (in hearing your buddy Collor is throwing his h at in the ring, which will mean another four years of Labour , with it Labour Mayors.

This is not that important, but will be interesting.

I agree with Sue on Mr Cronk.

The bus service has worsened, and doesn't look like it will improve, with car ownership to increase which will, with it cause issues .

It's early doors at the mo,

end link