Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I heard you first time Paul lol

For Labour it will be trying to keep his group together, together with a number of new councillors which will create some difficulties .

There are some in the group that maybe are not experienced enough but take on roles and cause Mills problems.

As Sue says the opposition needs to hold Labour to account , and I hope the scrutiny committees will return to opposition rather than the ruling party which makes a mockery of why the scrutiny committees were set up.

A number of labour cllrs will be voting fodder for four years, but hopefully out of it some of the newbies will come good.

The interesting part will be when projects don t go down so well in the public arena , and we have seen that over the years wi t h the tories.
    How that is handled.
    It's a tight majority , which if nothing else won't allow Labour to run off with fancy ideas,
    The conservatives hopefully locally will regroup , they had the moment in the spotlight, now it's time to ma k e Labour accountable .
    It's not easy being in opposition of been in both camps .

In the chamber Labour has a few other cllrs to watch such as Bigggs , whom I understand performs well in the chamber, danger is he's not seen in the ward, so the national scene helped Labour into district this time, but four years soon passes .

Having the commitment to be leader and time will be important, and could cause some issues , where many Labour cllrs will need to step up, will be interesting to see if they can, or do.

For Mr Bartlett if he remains leader , it's about reforming,and working towards 2027, a long way off now, but does pass quickly .

How much the parties will work together could be another issue.

I was doubted on here, but did say conservatives would win a maximum of 16 seats that's if they held all the seats and won some around Deal.

They didn't thus the Labour breakthrough.

Looking at some of the seats ,even with being so unpopular the Tories could have held the council if they had sorted out th e differences in Sandwich, and made better choices in Elms Vale.

Labour cllrs will have to turn up to meetings, which could be an issue.

Looking down at the town council in Dover, Labour appears to have sacrificed it for the district although they remain the largest party, and although the opposition parties outnumber them, they have a history of division which I'm sure Labour will exploit.

Casualties there such as Mr Precious , and Mr Rix could be a real lifeline for opposition or controlling cllrs likely to be more about who wears a chain , rather than what's best for Dover .
    They will be selecting t that guy at its first meeting , but with a number of newbies it's going to b e interesting how it all pans out.
    Who ends up running council, who becomes Mayor.
    It's small fry to Labour by looks of things, although they still hav e a few hard hitters in there .

end link