Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Tories became very unpopular

Seen in some of the seats they lost , I never thought in my life time I would see them lose in Sandwich .

But even in Dover there were other casualties such as Indy C precious who's voting with Labour obviously was noted and lost his seat.

Thankfully undemocratic M Woods lost to a green.

I think Starmer does need to be careful on taking these results as one of support for Labour in next general election.

Labour shared wins with other parties .

Also people vote quite differently at general elections than local elections .

Although unknown for it, Labour should be proud of Martin garside. I don't know if he holds office locally , but throughout count he wasn't always around Labour count, he was talking and being pleasant to all candidates .

He spoke to Becky after district result bigging her up
    It could have done like most Labour candidates just look after there own.

For the Tories , Sunak outside of his own party isn't popular so they hav e some serious t thinking to do .

I did see quite a number of the Tory candidates looking inwards and telling each other they were great.
    Unfortunately that won't get the votes ,nor make them popular.

There are a number of seats they should have won.

That said LAbour only had a two or three seat majority so it wont be easy

Now we will see if they make any differences

end link