Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue,
    Like you i recall being in effingham cres. And came across Collor, who at that time(before falling out of favour) with thirty upwards of canvassers .
    In those days every ward was canvassed, now it appears it's really hit and miss tactics, relying on a leaflet to get elected.

Parties should use local business .

I find it strange that in an election where control may change hands, that the two major parties in some areas have not even been seen!.

Ross
    On the town council , it can't go red, i t s already run by labour.
    But because of its lack of candidates it can't reach the required 9 to hold on to control.
    Of course , should be be elected that would mean an indy/Tory coalition which was a complete disaster the last time round, allowing labour to regain control three years into the election.

Of course we also know if one individual is elected and the pact between Tories\Indies takes place we could again have the world wide negative publicity of a mayor's being caught up , in what some described as making the laughing stock of local councils.
    Even family members in Singapore were asking me if the story of the Dover Mayor at the time was correct on white powder lol .

Of course both on District and Town council's this is the time where there could be a few surprizes.
    In some areas quite a number of stated Indies are standing.
    Of course some will recall Derek garrity who is standing as an indie against labour, in a seat that Labour finds difficult to hold onto.
    I think this time round it seems he has double standards as he was critical of me (even though intact left lab some ten years earlier)for standing against labour, even though for good reason.
    Certainly locals are fuming over him standing as he could let the Tory in, many stating they feel he thinks he's more important than he really is.

I will be at the count and hope to see at least a few changes .

I think your right Sue, the conservatives are so disliked at t he moment , and Labour can pick up on some of that , but with Starmers luke warm conservative agenda could see people protest voting.

I t s going to be interesting.

end link