Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Whether everyone agrees with Captain Haddocks posting is a matter of taste.His post 114. Makes a lot of sense.I failed my 11 Plus. My parents never encouraged me to attend a Grammar School,always playing the class card it wasn't for the likes of us.I learnt a lot from what some might class failure.I worked hard for what was then known as the GPO.Imarried a manwho went to a Grammar School who came from a family who struggled to send him there.
    The uproot of this sorry tale ,One parent bright enough to get a good education and the other who worked hard to prove her parents wrong.
    Result our three children passed for Grammar school and attended University,,now their children having attended Grammar Schools one just finished University and the other just started.
    I believe Bishop you have got it wrong.Its not about failure.Good parenting is about encouragement.Not treating a child as a failure.
    Bishop what a silly name you would follow well to read the Captains post with an open mind.He has a strange sense of humour but a very clever man.

end link