Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue
    So let's look at this BE POSITIVE
    Over the years Sue you and I worked on a number of projects without any political issues getting in the way

I listen to Tapp all I hear is about how wonderful he was in the forces (maybe he was who knows)
    Or slagging off Elphicke.

Now , if I heard him campaigning on the many issues out there,

Bus cutbacks (having seen him at any meetings)
    Promoting better transport system

To name but a few .

I have been across the board here (not just one party attack )
    Starmer appears that he's going to do very little different than the present govt if he were elected in the first term.

I'm not so sure he would get a second term.

Labour was always saying what a broad church it was, now if you speak out you are suspended , a n d expelled .

It would be interesting to know just how many members have been expelled, or currently suspended .

Whether you like Cornyn or not, it's concerning that debate within the party is being closed down, even locally members have been expelled .

So move away from any views that might not be conservative is ok if you just want a luke warm Tory come Labour Govt.

Neil's out there and I hope will comment widely on these views , and if he has concerns on a Labour Govt (should it happen )

If all its about is to please the national press , who appear to hold a lot of influence on elections, and then in the first term do much the same as the present govt , why would you want to elect them.

Just on a local level , I found it healthy to speak to people every day in the ward I represented and had contacts throughout ward who helped to keep me in touch .
    I hadn't seen a councillor since the last election, but I'm sure I will soon as the elections loom.

When you actually ask directly about local issues such as bus cutbacks
    You find a couple of enthusiastic councillors , but when you ask if they will campaign on it should Labour be elected they suddenly say there's little councillors can do .
    So why vote for them then !

I'm sure Labour will win the next general election , not because they are popular , as I think apathy will be the biggest winner, but because the Tories are so unpopular and often live in a bubble.

Sorry sue, you did ask. Lol

end link