Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Neil
    I was active in labour for 25 years on county District and town councils
    Even won a seat in a Tory stronghold !

I left labour around 9 years ago they really got worse as the years went on..
    They were at the time closest to my views .
    I could never support a Tory govt ..
    But I won't just blindly support an opposition , with policies that just. Prop up a govt ..

Starmer may well come good , but it's not looking likely .
    I'm
    I'm happy to let you know
    Sadly some in labour locally have taken the viewpoint that because you can no longer support labour that you are a Tory .

If you know my past(those beliefs remain unchanged )
    I organised and was part of many picket lines and fighting in many unions .

In my eyes there still is a working class , different from when I started out in politics , but it's still out there

Locally labour , I had a big decision to make around three years ago when locally labour decided to stand an unknown in the ward , being fed up of trying to get politicians involved in the community assoc
    I asked if they would stand a well known lab person who served on the assoc
    And I would get behind him and prob win
    The reply was no my friends standing and that's it .
    So I had to decide what to do so I spoke to a number of people in the ward , in a seat I made safe labour over the years had become marginal , locals were urging me to stand .
    After a lot of thinking , and labour unwilling to listen I stood as a community representative .
    Labour told me they would win anyway .
    I thought the two big party machines would stop me but at least I would have made a point and things may change .
    Once I announced I was standing I was amazed
    Followers of Ukip , labour , Tory, churches , and locals all asked if they could deliver my leaflet
    (I wasn't going to do one )
    So very quickly I had to produce one and reached every house .through this support .

The result astounded even me
    I win by 130 voted and labour came third !
    So I served the 2 years on the town council
    Run by Indies and Tories which were poor and the labour opposition wasn't much better.
    But I served my two years challenging the administration ,and opposition
    Unlike political party point scoring which goes on today .
    The indy party was happy to see cllr suspended with labour support in the indy mayor's word who clearly had an axe to grind with the chap .
    So believing in fairness I represented him.

Now the same indy has a crusade of opposing everything labour as the admin does.
    That's double standards .

Brian recently told me labour win by 100 seats
    I don't share that view as you known

I think I'm like a lot of locals now that can't support a second rate Tory party that doesn't want open debate (look at the shutting down of any discussion on Israel )
    It appears now if you have an alternative view you get suspended or kicked out
    That's not a party I can support .

I have said labour has a problem now , it can get itself elected by carrying on with Tory policies
    Being a second rate Tory party is not what we or I want .
    That said it's going to be interesting now as labour self destructs and the lefties move towards opposing labour

I have to say during the previous general election campaign , the way Corbyn was treated by the media was expected , but leading MPs like Watson clearly campaigned against him , some even going to the press to tell people to vote Tory rather than Corbyn
    Those people shouldnt be in the party.

So I left around 9 years ago one as a conflict of interest at the time , but also lost faith.

I kept out for 7, years .

Still encouraging all cllrs representing ward to come to communicate centre with little success

Anyway Niel you did ask lol

end link