Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Neil Moors wrote:
    Problem I have with Jezza is that he is not providing comprehensive opposition to the Tories. Yes, he has created a certain cult that occupies the space of opposition - but that's not the same thing. Honestly, though, that might be enough to win an election in the current state of affairs!

Regrettably, it is a large number of Labour MPs that do not represent bona-fide Labour members and supporters that undermine Jeremy Corbyn's opposition and potential as a government. Just look at Vauxhall were Kate Hoey was parachuted in decades ago at the expense of the Constituency Labour Party selected candidate Martha Osamor. Hoey has been a Labour MP only because of the system imposed in which sitting MPs cannot be challenged - she is in one of the safest Labour seats.
    Hilary Benn is not a Bennite, make no mistake.
    I take your point about the cult of opposition. I don't agree with it though as I have campaigned alongside many people that have swelled the membership of Labour and many more that support Labour BECAUSE of the "Corbynism". The 2017 Labour manifesto was the moment of truth for many that had previously turned away from Labour.

end link