Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There seems to me to be an overlap between this thread and the 4th May one, so a couple more points for Mr Heron - starting with my mistake in post 13: I meant that the deposit should be forfeit if the councillor stands down prematurely.

I'm too lazy to have stood for public office myself, but I value the opportunity for anyone to put themselves forward; I can always withhold my vote from you if I so choose. Personally I don't much care if you are or were what Bishop would call a sinner so long as you don't do it on my time. If you all wore the same, it would also avoid the distraction that a councillor's integrity is somehow linked to his/her apparel or accessories.

I need to be informed as to why I should vote for you; that is, what the function of the council is and how you will help that. If it's just looking after allotments then that's fine, but don't try to reference what others in your party may have done, or think they have, about railway lines, resolving the Calais jungle, walking on water, or whatever. In fact, since you want me to employ you, just talk about you and leave any party out of it - look upon this as a bonus, since you can't embarrass them and neither can they you.

end link