Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Tony Smith CBE

I can say beyond doubt that there were removal targets at @ukhomeoffice in my day. Tipping the balance on asylum - where we were tasked to remove more failed asylum seekers than arrivals - was a top policy pledge from the Blair government and stats were produced weekly.

Removal targets were still there in UKBA up until 2010. I went off to do the Olympics Programme then so I don’t know how long they were preserved, or whether they still exist. But removals including vol deps remains a high priority, although hugely difficult to deliver.

He too left the Civil Service to melt down without him now being MD of Fortinus Global Ltd, Global Border Security Consultant.

(Tony was an absolutely superb guy running Immigration. In fact he was so good at the job the clowns transferred him to run the Olympics since that was obviously a much more important job of national importance .....tossers)

end link