Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard,all I can give is my own personal reason's for going on the march.I wanted to demonstrate that the right to march in my home town is exactly that, my right.It is not a privilege held exclusively by those on the far right of British politics.A point that Peter Ripley agreed with me on.My reply to him at the time 'I felt it was important that Dover was not solely represented in the media by the previous marches' was not ment to be fatuous or glib,but heart felt and passionate.I want those that are beyond the confines of our town to recognise that we are still a tolerant and fair minded community, no matter what we have been through.Things that we are never given the credit for in the national media.
    With regards to the open boarders issue.I believe that the march was not about open boarders,but there were many groups there,but to highlight the plight of the refugees that have desperately sort sanctuary away from the areas of conflict.Do I think that there is a systemic failure in how we are dealing with this issue,yes, hence the reason I was marching.Open boarders? I don't think that would be a constructive or workable answer and it also smacks of Neo-Liberalism..

end link