Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm hearing that Nigel Collor who has held the castle ward for years wjlhen it was a safe tory seat, with boundary changes the seat favours labour and he's jumping ship to Whitfield a safer tory area

I don't agree with cllrs jumping that way and should live or work in the ward
    But sometimes cllrs get desperate

With the greens standing in elms vale could be enough to unseat the Labour cllr to tories
    Splitting the vote

New Castle ward will be interesting
    Also Mill Hill who labour feel they will win
    But greens feel with M eddy's defection they have a chance and have put most resources into that ward

Smaller parties or independents could well unseat by splitting the vote some areas

Interesting

I'm glad I'm. Out of it all
    Last night at DTC reminded me why I won't be standing
    I fully understand the conservatives in the main are not democratic the same with some indies

But having spoken to the mayor previous to the meeting who also disagreed with the mayor having the power to suspend
    Then voted for it last night
    Told me that undet Labour its all much the same as before
    Quite correct a democratic vote was taken to allow the mayor to have this power
    But more worrying is apart from 1 Labour cllr
    Labour supported the mayor having this power
    That's local Labour democracy in action

end link