Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As iv said before I can only go by what iv seen within the Labour Party ( but seeing candidates put up by other parties look like they are all the same)
    Labour has always struggled to find candidates and ends up just filling seats with anyone they can find.
    Anyone that has followed them will see the disasters over the years

A name a few that have caused problems since being pushed into seats

Ron sievwright he clearly showed he had no idea why he was there
    Ending up defecting to the tories as they were nice lol

K tranter
    Another who welcomed IDS to St rads after defecting to tories
    (After first public personal comments on the then Labour MP gwyn prosser

Billy boy Mike Eddy
    The one no one listened to at County hall
    He was the only cllr who managed to clear the chamber whenever he spoke

Nathan Richards
    Thinks there's lot of evidence why he shouldn't have been put on the buckland seat and the result showed it

So why does Labour get itself in this mess?
    I questioned the then chair of the party at a meeting as to why they stand in all 45 seats ending up with some candidates unchecked and an embarrassment to the party
    He said labour will always fight all seats
    That in itself is good but not when you end up with some of the mavericks we have seen

Of course its also important candidates have an identity with the ward they are going for
    Living or working in the ward is ideal
    Or even involved in projects in the ward
    But like was shown in the by election I stood in it was all about candidates being friends of friends
    What also happened at that meeting was that the Labour chair was further questioned on the policy of filling all seats his reply then was don't tell me how to run my party
    That's fine if you want to remain in opposition

He also said Labour will be in all the communities 2 years later still waiting
    Some refuse to!!

Keith

end link