Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Bishop wrote:
    One might argue that bombing Dresden saved the lives of our servicemen and women and that architecture is not worth the bones of one British Grenadier. However, the 25,000+ deaths certainly do NOT justify this act. This act was in 1945, pre-UN (obviously). It would absolutely be considered a war crime now.

Your Grace,

Love to join you singing Kumbaya in cloud-cuckoo land but until I find otherwise will stick to the writings of Kenneth Waltz which suggest that war/conflict would seem to be the natural state of man.

With many sovereign states, with no system of law enforceable among them, with each state judging its grievances and ambitions according to the dictates of its own reason or desire - conflict, sometimes leading to war, is bound to occur.

And until things change (which they won't) I shall carry on trying to make sure that 'my' side wins and the 'others' lose.

Off to London tomorrow to stoke up my 'paranoia'. Best of luck with beating those swords into ploughshares! http://henryjacksonsociety.org/2018/06/04/hjs-report-launch-a-definition-of-contemporary-russian-conflict-how-does-the-kremlin-wage-war/

end link