Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

ian_flux wrote:
    I'm talking about articles written by people from that generation, not generalising about them. Sure there are some really clever, thoughtful and pleasant people from that generation, but many of the millenials claim to be able to define their character on average at about 16 years old, vs. about 30 in generation x, and we now see an increase of over 50% of narcissistic personality disorder in the millenials. This is because they are communicating mostly within their peer group and getting rewarded with feedback on social media for just living life.

What we see in both millenials and a staggering amount of generation x's is a type of thinking that can only be aligned with fascism - if you don't think their way, you need to be silenced and you must be wrong, hence the massive rise in social justice warriors. Maybe this is what political correctness and a biased education system has done.

Many older people voted out because they can see what globalisation and a system of centralised politics has done to drive the standard of living down. The younger people only need to look to massive youth unemployment in Europe to see what the EU and the Euro have done to people in the same generation.

Wisdom is the capacity of judging rightly in matters relating to life and conduct, and in my opinion that comes with living life for a certain amount of time, so I feel you're probably not born with this skill.

Some interesting points. I certainly think that the younger generation's reliance on social media gives them a skewed, insular view of life. They need to engage more, and need to be encouraged to engage more, perhaps even in school. Is there not a risk though, that anyone under 25 reading your post would get the impression that the older generation believe that age gives their views more legitimacy than those of a younger person, given that, as you see it, the older generation has wisdom that comes with age. How can you encourage the young to vote if they are told that they are simply too young, and too "unwise" to actually understand the issues?

end link