Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It was a terrible result in terms of highlighting clear differences. Young vs. Old; Rich vs. not rich; Towns vs. Cities. I can see a bit of a Spanish situation developing whereby London takes the view similar to that of Barcelona; who are the people of Sunderland and Nuneaton to send the City crashing. The reverse view of course is that the City brought the country crashing down in 2008.

In terms of what we do know, Scotland's calls for a second referendum are absolutely justified in my view - the only reason not to do it is because the price of oil has tanked since and you would have to do the numbers all over again. Of course, that may be offset by remaining part of the EU.

I appear to be in a minority of one here, but I don't think Boris will have the balls for this - I am convinced the plan was to lose narrowly, not actually go and win the thing - close enough to trigger a leadership challenge though. Think about it, as former Mayor of London and with all his mates in the City, surely it would have gone against his natural instinct to vote out.

end link