Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I do not think the things you mention are nasty, sour grapes perhaps, pointless most likely, nasty not really.

Indeed referenda are not legally binding in the UK, however given the turnout one would be foolhardy, arrogant or both to ignore it.

Whilst I am concerned at the flexible view of democratic votes held by this government (in a trade union strike ballot you must get 50%+1 of the eligible electorate as opposed to 50%+1 of those who vote - cannot see any acceptable justification for the difference), I believe we need to bury our differences and try our damnedest to make this work. There is no longer a "them and us", it really is now just us all in for the ride together. All of us irrespective of how we voted need to ensure our politicians are held to account and get the best deal possible for the country.

If we cannot bury these differences, the fracture lines in our society will only widen and lead to more and more of what have seen today, what is proposed for Monday etc.

end link