Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am sure that most of the people of Dover and Deal were angry to see David Cameron keep a straight face when he talked about a reformed EU.There has been no reform and I wonder whether I should trust anything else he says.

We still have to agree our immigration and benefits policy with the E.U.The so called brake will probably not help much in reducing the pressure on our public services due to excessive uncontrolled immigration.

No powers have been or will be returned to the U.K parliament.Self government has been lost with many of our laws created in Brussels and the ultimate court based in the E.U.

According to the E.U. We paid 14.3 bn euro to the E.U in 2013 .They kept 8.0 bn and decided how we should spend the 6,3 bn they gave back to us!!Out of the EU.we could have decided how to spend the 14.3 bn on OUR priorities.This arrangement will not change under the new "reformed" E.U.

There are important issues relating to a possible Vote Leave .These need to be debated honestly.

"3 million jobs depend on the E.U " is often quoted as though most of these will disappear overnight if we leave.Trade between the UK and the E.U would still continue if we left the E.U.
    Businesses and people in the E.U would still buy U.K services and goods and vice versa.It would be madness for the E.U. to raise tariffs as this would lead to a tit for tat process.

Leaving the E.U.would not be like going over a cliff or Into the dark,The U.K.civil service knows how the E.U works and knows the key issues involved.During the 2 year transition period they would work very hard to arrange as smooth a transition as possible.

Our border may end up in Dover but it will not result in Kent becoming a "Jungle"as Charlie Elphicke enthusiastically exaggerated in his recent Dover Express column.

In Parliament there will probably not be a robust debate.David Cameron shows smug contempt in the House of Commons for questions he does not wish to answer as was illustrated by his feeble replies to the questions of Bill Cash and Boris Johnsonon Monday,Any one who has watched PMQs will know how he behaves.

Charlie Elphicke only has 1 vote. 21737 voted Conservative in 2015 and most ,I suspect,are angry at what David Cameron has delivered.I suspect this feeling is felt all over the country.

Grass root campaigning will be very important for those who want to Leave the E.U as they cannot compete with the Government/ media juggernaut.

Volunteering to help one or more of the Leave campaigning groups is essential as is the need to question Charlie Elphicke's reasons for staying in.

end link